[mythtv] Live transcode while recording

René Bühlmann buehlmann at gmx.ch
Mon Dec 1 11:47:33 UTC 2008

Rob Smith schrieb:
> 3. Being able to record in a specific format. Currently myth only
> records in a select few formats. Expanding this out so that people can
> 'record' into something else can help those who only have interest in
> one specific format.
This what i try to achieve, but it should be possible to reuse the
transcoder for recordings and transcode them.
I have built a transcoder depending on the external libav* and was able
to transcode a stream dumped from the dtv recorder.

I now tried to change the dependency to mythtv's libmythav* and
integrate the transcoder such that it can be used by the dvbrecoder. Now
i'm faceing the problem that no audio codecs are available and
libmythav* segfaults.

Is libmythav* a modified, stripped-down version of libav*? Is there a
way to still use the original libav* beside libmythav*?