[mythtv] Database schema checker

Otto Kolsi otto at kolsi.fi
Sun Aug 31 08:38:04 UTC 2008

ian dobson wrote:
> Try with the -r option :-
>   -r Check recordings (from DB)
>   -f Check files on fs
>   -v Verbose
>   -c Check Channels
>   -a Enable all options
>   -b Black/White output
>   -H This text
>
> The -f option checks files in the fs against the DB. The -r option
> checks the recorded DB against the file system. The option -a enables
> all checks maybe it's a good idea to use "|more" as it produces alot of
> output.

I have 4 zero-length files in LiveTV recgroup and for these the -r
option prints out warning that these recordings "do not appear to have
seeklist". What might be clearer is a warning about zero-length
recording files?

But in addition to this, there are still couple of entries in DB that do
not have any corresponding file in filesystem and the script does not
seem to be able find them.

And to go one step further.. for some reason there are several programs
in LiveTV group that have all the FS<->DB info correct, but are too old.
So these have not been cleaned out after 1 day, but are e.g. 6-12 months
old. This is also a case where some info would be nice from the script.

Also, script does not take into account all the possible values in
'commlagged' field in recorded table. I've just updated the
corresponding page in wiki:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Recorded_table#Fields
Maybe the commfree (3) status could be taken into account when checking
markup entries and printing warnings?
--
   Otto