[mythtv] Like a noob question (about implement widget features)

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Tue Apr 29 13:42:49 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-04-29 at 10:37 +0200, Pierre-Olivier Dybman wrote:
> I'd like MythTV to support widget with overlay. Since I understand
> it's not the case, I'd like to add this features from myself. I
> thought that it was quiet easy to code a plugin that for but I start
> thinking that's may not be the right solution because I didn't see any
> plugin that implement OSD features.

I think we're going to need a little more detail on what you are doing.

But if these are powerful boxes you might do what LinuxMCE does, it
just uses the Xorg Composite extension to overlay a second OSD over
MythTV. But if all you need to do is change the MythTV video player
OSD, there are easier ways to go about it.

-- Daniel