[mythtv] EIT fixup help please

Wim Fokkens wimfokkens at planet.nl
Fri Apr 25 20:21:52 UTC 2008

> Hi,
>
> On Sunday 20 April 2008 19:00:37 manu wrote:
> >
> > I would like to improve the eit in 2 ways: first all accents (French)
> > are not correctly displayed, and I would like to do something about
> > it. I guess I need to hack something up in eitfixup but it is not
> > clear how yet, any pointer would be more than welcome.
>
> That's probably a missing encoding in the eit. look at the bottom of
> libmythtv/eithelper.cpp. We can override the encoding with setting the
> eitfixup to kForceIso8859_15. The keys of the eitfixup map are
> transport id << 32 | original network id << 16 | serviceid
>
> If the service id is 0 the all channels on the transport will match. if
> transport and serviceid are 0, all channels with the origianl network
> id wil match.
>
> > Moreover I am in the process of decoding the proprietary epg of
> > canalsat caraibes (French people with canalsat subscription who might
> > want to try it can contact me). It provides a 7-10 days epg and I
> > would like to make the backend aware of it but it is not just a fixuo
> > here, so if someone canpoint me to some docs on how to try to do it,
> > that would be great.
>
> How different are this epg data from standard EIT? Is there a way to
> detect if the data is broadcasted (maybe a descriptor in PMT). I fear
> there is no manuel and why have to look at the code and try to
> implement the epg gathering and parsing along the EIT and ATSC epg
> bits.

It seems like we are talking about Media Highway EPG here (the provider
seems to be from the canal digital group.)
This guy already write some code for this type of epg.

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/250280?search_string=%5Bmyt
htv%5D%20MHW%20EPG%20Patch%20%28sort%20of%29;#250280

Wim