[mythtv] EIT fixup help please

Janne Grunau janne-mythtv at grunau.be
Fri Apr 25 11:07:50 UTC 2008

Hi,

On Sunday 20 April 2008 19:00:37 manu wrote:

> I would like to improve the eit in 2 ways: first all accents (French)
> are not correctly displayed, and I would like to do something about
> it. I guess I need to hack something up in eitfixup but it is not
> clear how yet, any pointer would be more than welcome.

That's probably a missing encoding in the eit. look at the bottom of
libmythtv/eithelper.cpp. We can override the encoding with setting the
eitfixup to kForceIso8859_15. The keys of the eitfixup map are
transport id << 32 | original network id << 16 | serviceid

If the service id is 0 the all channels on the transport will match. if
transport and serviceid are 0, all channels with the origianl network
id wil match.

> Moreover I am in the process of decoding the proprietary epg of
> canalsat caraibes (French people with canalsat subscription who might
> want to try it can contact me). It provides a 7-10 days epg and I
> would like to make the backend aware of it but it is not just a fixuo
> here, so if someone canpoint me to some docs on how to try to do it,
> that would be great.

How different are this epg data from standard EIT? Is there a way to
detect if the data is broadcasted (maybe a descriptor in PMT). I fear
there is no manuel and why have to look at the code and try to
implement the epg gathering and parsing along the EIT and ATSC epg
bits.

The the data structures for the table and descriptors should be in a new
file in libmythtv/mpeg/, you will need to add listining and detection
of the eit to libmythtv/mpeg/mpeg|dvbstreamdata.cpp depending on used
SI standard of those channels. You probably have to add another
callback for the mpeglisteners.
In libmythtv/eithelper.cpp should the transmitted data be parsed into
the eit.cpp object which is the proxy for the database.

HTH, if you have more questions, feel free to ask

Janne