[mythtv] Proposed work on MythVideo - Re-tool video-managerforlarge libraries, Add the concept of a 'series'

Peter Schade l-case at gmx.net
Thu Sep 27 16:00:12 UTC 2007

>>On 9/27/07, Peter Schade <l-case at gmx.net> wrote:
>>No i don't think so, never heard of something like that. I love your ideas
&
>>can't wait to test it out ;) Mythvideo needs some love in UI Design and
>>perhaps if the solution is generic enough they could be also used in
>>mythmusic & mythgallery for browsing !?
>>

>Hi Peter, and thanks.
>
>I think the solution *could* be generic enough... 'Vex' could become
essentially a 'very intelligent widget'... that is a refactoring that I can
always do after we're sure everyone is >happy with the result.

I think you should think about the fact that there are many people using
mythtv with a remote -> so they have limited keys available. Just a side
note.
And i don't now if it is possible right now, but myth will be converted to
libmythui and so new widgets should use that. (I think)

Perhaps an real developer can comment on this.

Peter