[mythtv] Proposed work on MythVideo - Re-tool video-manager for large libraries, Add the concept of a 'series'

San Mehat san.mehat at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 15:04:43 UTC 2007

I wouldn't necessarily 'assume' anything :). Also, I'm having a look at what
they have so far, and while the player may be impressive, the browsing
interface doesn't seem to use tags either, and probably isn't a good fit for
large media libraries.

  Also, I really think that the 'awesomeness' of MythVideo is really in how
it uses the internal player, and all the work that has gone (and is going)
into the internal player. I would much rather see MythVideo keep the current
playback, internal player architecture and just get an 'experience'
retooling.

  In the end, I don't think that porting XBMC would be a waste of time
necessarily, but I do not believe it solves the problem that I am attempting
to address,

Respectfully,

-san