[mythtv] my QAM recording issue

Jerry Rubinow jerrymr at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 00:14:29 UTC 2007

On 9/26/07, Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:
> so i've had some issues since the upgrade to schedules direct and
> having to scan for my QAM channels. i've asked a few q's in the user
> list with no response.
>
> i've done some further digging and have found that only two channels
> seem to fail to record, both on the same frequency. I also noticed
> that all the recordings from my QAM tuners is being saves as
> 8801_datetime instead of the normal 8<channel>_<datetime> pattern.
>
> does anyone have any idea whats going on? I'm thinking I may setup all
> my channels and sources again to see if that fixes the problem but if
> theres an easier way of fixing the issue i'd like to persue that.
>
> thanks!
>
> --
> Steve

When I was setting up my QAM tuner, I ended up spending lots of time
inspecting the channel table in the database with phpmyadmin.  You
might want to check if there are any channels that shouldn't be in
there that could be confusing things, or see if the channels that
don't work are suspiciously different than the other ones.

-Jerry