[mythtv] DVD Menus and Screensaver

Bill level42 at sympatico.ca
Wed Sep 26 02:27:49 UTC 2007

I would like to make patch to enable the screensaver while in a dvd menu
when playing a DVD or DVD ISO to avoid screen burn.  I am looking for some
tips of where to incorporate this, particularily tips that will maximize the
chances the mythtv-devs would incorporate it to SVN.  I can see in
tv_play.cpp how the screensaver is enabled and disabled for things like
pausing the video.  I assume that the function DVD()->IsInMenu() could be
used to detect when in a DVD menu for the purpose of knowing when to enable
the screensaver.  The proposed patch would then have to periodically call
the IsInMenu function and enable the screensaver in this case, then disable
it once out of the menu.

Where would the best place to put this such that it would be accepted by the
myth devs into SVN?

Any tips on implementation?

Thanks in advance.