[mythtv] Bizzare repeating key behaviour

Lee McLaren lmclaren at lrm.com.au
Tue Sep 25 10:09:13 UTC 2007

Ian Goldberg wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 24, 2007 at 10:19:46AM -0400, Ian Goldberg wrote:
>
>> This is completely replicable.  It happens almost every single time you
>> press a key.  *But!* not when you're actually watching a program.  While
>> you're watching TV, both the keypress and the lirc work just fine.  (And
>> irw reverts to the normal "mythfrontend not running" behaviour.)
>>
>> Any clue what might be causing this?  Is there some weird state the
>> mythfrontend menus (but not the playback) are putting the machine in?
>>

> One more thing.  If I press keys on the remote (or on the actual
> keyboard) which aren't bound to anything in the menu (like "8" or
> "PAUSE"), the irw and libqt outputs are perfectly normal (just like when
> mythfrontend isn't running, or when it's doing playback).  Only keys
> that cause something to happen in the menus exhibit this behaviour.
>
> Thanks,
>
>    - Ian

I had a problem once where the remote control key was being seen via
LIRC and as a keyboard input, I found I could stop LIRC and still have
some key like eg: the numbers still come up on the screen like
I was typing in a channel number. This made for double presses etc.

I fixed it (from memory) by removing the input from my xorg.conf

regards

Lee McLaren