[mythtv] new widget in mythtv ui

Peter Schachte schachte at csse.unimelb.edu.au
Tue Sep 25 03:13:09 UTC 2007

Chris Pinkham wrote:
> * On Sun Sep 23, 2007 at 10:18:09PM +1000, Roo wrote:
>>> It wouldn't have to.  If, say, the "transcode this recording" item had a
>>> visible, understandable check box* beside the text, and hitting the left or
>>> right button just toggled the check box on/off rather than changing the text,
>> It sounds like you are talking about popup/dialogs and not the actual menus.
>
> I'm pretty sure he's talking about things like the scheduled recording
> editor.

Yes, thanks Chris, that's what I meant.

> We used to use things like checkboxes there when we used
> different Qt widgets to draw the settings, but now it's much nicer and
> I don't see us going back to simple checkboxes.

I wouldn't want all themes to have to show those things as checkboxes, either.
What I was arguing was that it would make sense for an individual theme designer
to be able to choose whether to show a Boolean state as a checkbox *or* as a
choice between two states.  Just an argument for flexibility for theme designers.

--
Peter Schachte              The most common way people give up their power
schachte at cs.mu.OZ.AU        is by thinking they don't have any.