[mythtv] Proposed work on MythVideo - Re-tool video-manager for large libraries, Add the concept of a 'series'

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 13:24:47 UTC 2007

On 9/19/07, San Mehat <san.mehat at gmail.com> wrote:
> Greetings all,
>
>   After talking with Anduin a bit on IRC, I'd like to volunteer to do some
> work on MythVideo and the video manager for larger video libraries ( > 1100
> videos). I'd like to do some re-tooling of the video manager, providing a
> folder-based view for manipulating meta-data on your library. I would also
> like to look at adding the concept of a 'Series' of videos to MythVideo (For
> holding my Simpsons boxsets which I've ripped, transcoded recordings I have
> made, etc etc).
>
>   At the moment I'm just throwing this out there as a 'is anybody else
> working on this?' as well as a 'hey do you have any neat ideas for this?'.
>
> I expect to be starting on this work in the very short term.
>
> -san

I, for one, welcome your new work on MythVideo!

I especially like your Series idea since I have many series and then a
bunch of random stuff (commercials i've saved, random clips of car
stuff, etc) that all gets treated as one now, it would be great if
along with the Series I could also create a "group" to group these
random recordings and have them treated like a "series" (though they
wouldn't really be).

You will not find a lack of ideas for MythVideo (as with MythMusic),
so I suggest going through the wiki wishlist and implement what *you*
would find useful and once your done with that (or sick of it all) see
how many more ideas come out of the wood work =D

--
Steve