[mythtv] first contribution

Joe Ripley vitaminjoe at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 16:55:10 UTC 2007

On 9/19/07, hendrixski <hendrixski at storsint.com> wrote:
> So basically now what is the next step?  I run diff on my file versus
> the one in the repo's?  Shall I add any parameters to diif?  Does SVN
> already include that kind of diff-output-to-patch functionality? And is
> there anything special I need to do when submitting the patch to the
> bugtracker?
> How will I know when the patch is applied?
>
> I'm excited to be joining my first open source project.  Thanks for
> putting up with the newbie questions.

If you have subversion installed and you're making changes to your
checked-out copy of the source, just run 'svn diff' from within the
project directory.  It will spit out a diff that you can save to a
file (i.e. svn diff > ~/mydiff.patch).  If you need more info on SVN,
this is a good resource: http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.4/

Then, open a ticket in trac (http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/) with your
comments and attach your patch.  You can keep track of the ticket
there to see when it's applied.  More on tickets here:
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/wiki/TicketHowTo

Enjoy!

--
Joe Ripley