[mythtv] Changeset [14771] "Reduce excessive re-parsing of database settings" brakes backend

Paul Harrison mythtv at dsl.pipex.com
Wed Oct 31 18:36:17 UTC 2007

Nigel Pearson wrote:
>> Don't know if this helps but I just updated my master BE and couldn't
>> get it to start.
> Assuming it was this error:
> 2007-10-31 10:13:18.497 Current Schema Version: 1201
> No setting found for this machine's BackendServerIP.
> Please run setup on this machine and modify the first page
> of the general settings
> that I was just able to reproduce, yes it does.
> Fix committed.
> (not that I actually understand why it ever
>   used to work, because Settings::GetSetting
>   never used to return a NULL)
Yep it was that error. Somehow it looks like a hostname of "" - that's
an empty string - was used because I've ended up with a load of new
settings in the DB with the hostname set to "".

Updated to r14776 and everything is back to normal even with the
hostname commented out.

Thanks. Paul H.

More information about the mythtv-dev mailing list