[mythtv] Backend crashes almost daily

flo flo at flobittner.de
Tue Oct 9 21:13:58 UTC 2007

I'm not sure about anything :-)

It's only a backend, all frontends are seperate machines. I did NOT restart
the whole machine, only gdb with mythbackend.

After the last crash i did a sql query like this: "update channel set
useonairguide=1 where mplexid in (select distinct mplexid from channel where
visible=1)", in words: i set useonairguide=1 for all channels on any
transponder i use.
Before that, i set useonairguide=1 only on channels i used. That was the only
change i made to the database. I thought the crawler perhaps doesn't like it
if only some channels on a transponder accept eit data, so i changed it back.

And remember, i applied your fix in pespacket.h:

    {
        VERBOSE(VB_RECORD, "AddTSPacket: Out of sync!!! "
                "Need to wait for next payloadStart" +
                QString(" PID: 0x%1, continuity counter: %2 (expected %3).")
                .arg(packet->PID(),0,16).arg(cc).arg(ccExp));
-->        return false;
    }

It's running for more then 48 hours now, EPG data is fully there.

I will report what happens the next days. If there's a crash i let you know
If there's no crash until the weekend, i execute my old query (update channel
set useonairguide=0 where visible=0) and test it.
After that i take out your fix and test it again.
If the crash then doesn't come back i call ghostbusters to clean up my
home :-)

I hope the result of this tests gives us an idea what happens on my machine!

Thanks for your patience,
Flo