[mythtv] Aspect Question (svn -- probably a RTFM)

David Frascone dave at frascone.com
Mon Oct 8 17:26:01 UTC 2007

So, looks like I'm just out of luck, unless I want to write something myself.

I'm thinking of a list of rules, and one extra zoom.

Rules would be something like:  If the transmission is in 4:3, stretch to 16:9.

The one extra zoom would be a 4;3 to 16:9 stretch, for when a hidef
feed plays a 4:3 program.

If that is possible, i.e. Myth knows the current program's dimensions,
then the 'w' key would be all I need to keep things full screen.  Oh,
with one diff: half & full zoom would revert to 4:3 before zooming.

Actually, that alone would fix everything for me: have zooms restore
aspect optionally.  I think I'll just add a boolean setting for that!

Comments?

-Dave

--
David Frascone