[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r14956 - in trunk/mythtv by danielk

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 15:31:57 UTC 2007

On Nov 25, 2007 5:44 PM,  <mythtv at cvs.mythtv.org> wrote:
>       Author: danielk
>         Date: 2007-11-25 22:44:36 +0000 (Sun, 25 Nov 2007)
> New Revision: 14956
>    Changeset: http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/14956
>
> Modified:
>
>    trunk/mythtv/libs/libmythtv/linuxfirewiredevice.cpp
>    trunk/mythtv/libs/libmythtv/linuxfirewiredevice.h
>    trunk/mythtv/programs/mythtv-setup/backendsettings.cpp
>
> Log:
>
> Refs #3872. Do a firewire bus reset when required in the LinuxFirewireDevice.
>
> This is the default behaviour with the DarwinFirewireDevice, but due to concerns about buggy
> Linux drivers this requires changing a line of code and recompiling in Linux to enable. But
> since there are many bug reports which are really do to this not being enabled, this
> changeset enables the reset and adds an option to mythtv-setup+general|miscellaneous to
> disable it.
>
> The problem drivers were for an external firewire harddrive, they have been fixed in the Linux
> kernel for over a year. Resets can also cause a small glitch in recordings currently in
> progress if you have multiple Motorolla STBs connected to the same firewire bus, but a this
> is preferable to most people over zero-byte recordings.

would it be possible to get this option to remain "off" if more than
one STB connected via firewire is present? I found that manually
enabling this previously did not solve the problem for me and caused
problems if my second STB was recording. This is what prompted me to
write the channel change script I have in my wiki user page and I've
found this script has fixed the 0bit recording issue for myself and a
few others without the need for a bus reset. Enabling this "feature"
would just cause a big headache for those with more than one STB and
on top of that won't necessarily fix the issue.

--
Steve