[mythtv] ATI Color issues

Richard Wamsley rwamsley at scciowa.edu
Mon May 7 12:52:14 UTC 2007

I am using an ATI x1650 card in a laptop computer as a frontend system.
I have the latest proprietary driver loaded (required for other things
on this laptop).  When I try to watch live tv, or recorded tv the colors
are mixed and swapped.  For example I don't see green I get purple or
red.  When I go to watch recordings I get the preview in the bottom
corner.  In this preview all the colors are accurate.  I have tried the
xv setting and adjusting the hue and contrast, but I cannot get a
combination that makes all colors accurate.  I either have blue, green,
or red but never all three.  I have also copied the files over, and
watched them through Xine and all the colors are accurate.  It seems
like there is a process going on that isn't required since the preview
is correct.
I am using the SVN as of last weekend.