[mythtv] Official Thread: Mythtv.org Redesign

Herman Kuiper herman at frontier.nl
Tue May 1 16:30:11 UTC 2007

Thanks for all the positive feedback!

--On 30 April 2007 15:13 -0400 Ghost Freeman <ghostfreeman at gmail.com> wrote:

> That is VERY nice. Like the use of the colors and navigation. I also
> like the border that's used in the news segments.

I don't do design often (not enough time, my current job makes better
earnings, so it stays some kind of hobby), I prefer to have one or two
elements which re-appear, and as I thought my first attempt should not
introduce a completely new logo, that would be the quarter-circle in this
case.

--On 30 April 2007 20:19 +0100 Justin Hornsby <justin.hornsby at gmail.com>
wrote:

> .. spits out his drink & coughs it all over the monitor... eyes pop
> out of head on stalks....
>
> WOW :)

Ah ok, me was thinking I would like a theme like this, and I really don't
have the knowledge (or the time...) to make a theme myself - you saying
this brings hope ;-)

--On 30 April 2007 13:34 -0700 Rob Smith <kormoc at gmail.com> wrote:

> I really like it. The only thing I wonder about is the curve on the
> left side of the news item... on one hand, it balances out the one on
> the right, but on the other, it just sorta ends...

Looking at it after not looking at it for a day or so, I'm wondering
whether the curve should extend as far as it does above with the logo (to
keep more of a grid) or to have it just around the label (more playful). As
it is now it's not right, I think I would go for #2...

--On 01 May 2007 08:53 +1000 David Whyte <david.whyte at gmail.com> wrote:

> Fantastic.  Very clean and sleek.  I do like the little 'latest
> release' box that Ghost and Sean had in their mock-ups though.  Would
> that work well with this design?

Probably, I'll have a look later tonight. If there any other pages I should
do, let me know.

	Herman