[mythtv] add support for SQLite?

Lincoln Dale ltd at interlink.com.au
Sat Mar 3 22:33:07 UTC 2007

> My motivation for trying SQLite isn't to avoid a separate database, it's
> to reduce filesystem/memory footprint.

the filesystem foorprint really is 'minimal':

recordings:

$ /usr/src/cvs/mythtv_cvs/mythtv.hacked/contrib/check_recordings.pl
  Host: spam, Directories: /media1/store /media5/store /media4/store
  362 valid recordings
  723 known media files using 878.9GB, 0 unknown files using 0B

database: 153.7 MB

i run my mythconverg database in InnoDB rather than MyISAM format, perhaps that
is more efficient (don't know) - but metadata is essentially 0.017% of
recording data - i.e. not even scratching the surface.

cheers,

lincoln.