[mythtv] Bruce, a question for you about schedules

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Jun 22 09:06:37 UTC 2007

On 06/22/2007 12:07 AM, Bruce Markey wrote:
> Kevin Kuphal wrote:
>
>> Bruce, since you're pretty much the expert in this area, I thought you
>> might have a pointer.  I've been considering the idea of adding a simple
>> feature to Myth where, if you have an upcoming showing of a progam
>> recorded by a power search (such as I do for Premier episodes of shows),
>> that you could, when selecting the upcoming episode, be given another
>> option (along with don't/never record, edit options, override) that
>> would allow you to set up a separate title/program specific rule as if
>> the showing was not already being recorded.  As it stands now, I have to
>> wait or remember to look for the show after it premiers and is no longer
>> subject to the rule to be able to schedule another rule that overlaps.
>>
> Yes, I've very familiar with the issue and methodology. However,
> I hadn't thought of what you suggest here. That is, add a button
> on the override buttons page for "Create a new rule" or something
> next to the "Add Override" button. May be just a matter of creating
> a new ScheduledRecording object from the programinfo without loading
> any existing SR object.

In case it's useful, MythWeb currently has this functionality.  If you
select a show from Upcoming Recordings that uses your inactive First
Episodes rule, you have the option "Schedule via First Episodes (Power
Search)," which allows you to change the settings for the power search
rule.  If you change the radio button to any other option (i.e. "Record
at any time on any channel") it creates a new rule.  (The hard part is
remembering to uncheck the inactive box.  ;)

Anyway, might be useful to see Chris's approach and, perhaps, use it as
a sanity check for yours (or, if you notice places it can be improved...).

Mike