[mythtv] MythCommFlag segfault when flagging completes

Stuart Morgan stuart at tase.co.uk
Thu Jun 21 20:55:34 UTC 2007

On Thursday 21 June 2007 21:28:59 Ken Overly wrote:
> I haven't posted to the Dev or Users lists before so please forgive me if
> this post doesn't provide all the needed information.  For the same reason
> I also opted not to attempt to open a ticket, unless someone here indicates
> that I should.  I searched the mailing lists but didn't find any segfault
> issues that haven't already been address

This segfault comes up at least once a fortnight on the mailing lists and has
appeared in Trac more than once.

It's a QT 3.3.8 bug and nothing to do with mythtv (except that mythtv uses
QT).

Most distros have now patched their 3.3.8 packages, but a proper fix will be
released with 3.3.9. Alternatively you could downgrade to 3.3.7
--
Stuart Morgan