[mythtv] Time to Vote? (as Re: Official Thread: Mythtv.org Redesign)

Herman Kuiper herman at frontier.nl
Thu Jun 7 11:17:43 UTC 2007

> Yes, obviously there will need to be pages that are mainly text but the
> design should be able to adapt. I like your design but im not sure how
> well it can adapt to a view that doesn't center on a main section of
> text. I'd love to see what you can come up with though for battling this
> design issue.

My main question would be how many non-main-section-of-text pages there
would be. I would think most of it would be content, or images, both of
which flow nicely I think. But I'll think about some more mockups :-)

>> But wouldn't that move your menu out of view?
> The design is built to accommodate a screen resolution of 1024x768
> including extra space required by browsers with a bloated UI. So the menu
> should not be out of view on this screen and certainly not on anything
> bigger.

I didn't mean on a regular window (although I personnally never have my
browser windows maximized, even on 1024x768), but what happened if the main
section of text was too long to fit. I personally would prefer for the menu
to stay put in those cases.

> cutting up the images into several pieces and placing them into a table
> (which I have done successfully many times before, its just a pain in the
> ass).

Nowadays I prefer to use empty id'd or class'd divs, instead of tables.

	Herman