[mythtv] Mythweb video problem

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Jun 1 18:43:47 UTC 2007

On 06/01/2007 01:34 PM, Tom Lichti wrote:
> I'm pretty sure I screwed this up, but I can't seem to figure out how,
> or how to fix it. I wanted to clean up my mythvideo table, since there
> were many entries that were obsolete, so instead of being patient and
> using a frontend I just emptied the videometadata table. Now after doing
> a video scan on a frontend (I couldn't use mythweb because the mythvideo
> icon didn't even appear) I have my videos back but I can't do imdb
> lookups on them anymore. This was working previously. When I click on
> the IMDB button, I get:
>
> Fatal Error, IMDB was not set in settings table, please set it via the
> settings tab.
>
> In the settings tab for the server I have:
>
> MovieDataCommandLine   /usr/local/bin/imdb.pl -D
> MovieListCommandLine   /usr/local/bin/imdb.pl -M tv=no;video=no
> MovieDataCommandLine   /usr/local/bin/imdb.pl -P
> VideoArtworkDir   /myth/movies/.posters
> VideoStartupDir   /myth/movies
>
> Am I missing something?

MoviePosterCommandLine

should be something like "imdb.pl -P", but really, you're probably
better off using "/usr/local/share/mythtv/mythvideo/scripts/imdb.pl"
instead of "/usr/local/bin/imdb.pl" so you're always using the most
up-to-date version.

Oh, but /usr/local/bin/imdb.pl is a symlink to
/usr/local/share/mythtv/mythvideo/scripts/imdb.pl...  Well, be careful
with patch, then.  If you were to forget that the command you always use
to call it is hitting a symlink, you saw an unapplied patch that fixes
poster-grabbing, and you apply it to "/usr/local/bin/imdb.pl," it's no
longer a symlink; and now, "It works from the command-line, but
MythVideo/MythWeb is broken." ;)

Mike