[mythtv] Mouse support for MythTV

Anthony D'Alberto afd1009 at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 30 12:41:36 UTC 2007

I use MythTV in my car (as well as at home) and have written quite a bit of
mouse handler code in the lower level MythTV libraries and for MythMusic,
MythDVD, and MythVideo.  How should I go about getting these additions added
to the current build tree?

I started with the main dialog classes, and added to the widgets.  Then I
went into each plugin, and added handlers to the places I needed mouse
presses to work.  I use a touchscreen in the car, so I modified a theme to
be more friendly to in-car use and the touchscreen.  This code has been
working well for at least a year, and I think it is probably ready for use
for everyone.

There are some things I would like to eventually get working Mainly:
Popup keyboard does not popup when one clicks on a text box
I've added a "back" button to most screens for navigation, need to add more
Write more handlers for MythVideo and MythDVD.

Please let me know how I should handle submitting this code.  I used the the
SVN release earlier this year, so I think I am close to being up to date.

Anthony D'Alberto