[mythtv] (How) does allow re-record work?

f-myth-users at media.mit.edu f-myth-users at media.mit.edu
Sat Jul 28 21:21:05 UTC 2007

    > Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 14:41:13 -0400
    > From: Tony Lill <ajlill at ajlc.waterloo.on.ca>

    > f-myth-users at media.mit.edu writes:

    > >     > Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 17:08:18 -0400
    > >     > From: Tony Lill <ajlill at ajlc.waterloo.on.ca>
    > >
    > > Yes.  Simple conceptually; might require some tweaks to the UI to
    > > explain to users why the "commflagger" is running when they said a
    > > source was comm-free, etc.

    That can be solved by re-naming it to mythvideoanalyser or something!

Yeah, I guess that might be the easiest solution... :)

    > > Ok.  Sounds like the audio-analysis-for-bad-recordings I was thinking
    > > about will probably have to be a separate process until/unless the
    > > commflagger listens.  (Though if not using it for -comm- flagging but
    > > only -bad- flagging, maybe it's easy to at least pipe the stream to an
    > > external process so it only has to be read off the disk once, to keep
    > > from increasing the I/O load the analysis places on machines w/many
    > > streams going.)

    > Well, comflagger still has to extract the audio from the file you're
    > processing. Once it has it, it would seem simpler? better to analyse
    > it in the commflagger.

I agree in general, though it's probably simpler to be able to use,
e.g., external programs such as mp3cut than to have to (a) inhale all
their logic into Myth and (b) keep it updated against the original as
the original is improved, etc.  I was thinking expediency.

			 >   Depending on how you do it then the result can
    > be useful for both com and bad flagging.

Also true.