[mythtv] (How) does allow re-record work?

Tony Lill ajlill at ajlc.waterloo.on.ca
Fri Jul 27 18:41:13 UTC 2007

f-myth-users at media.mit.edu writes:

>     > Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 17:08:18 -0400
>     > From: Tony Lill <ajlill at ajlc.waterloo.on.ca>
>
> Yes.  Simple conceptually; might require some tweaks to the UI to
> explain to users why the "commflagger" is running when they said a
> source was comm-free, etc.

That can be solved by re-naming it to mythvideoanalyser or something!

>     > The com-flag 2 stuff looks a bit more modular, and can possibly made
>     > plugable.
>
> That's not in mainline yet, is it?  I confess I haven't kept track of
> it carefully in a while.

You can turn it on be selecting the experimental flagger in 0.20,
don't know if it's the default in 0.21

> Ok.  Sounds like the audio-analysis-for-bad-recordings I was thinking
> about will probably have to be a separate process until/unless the
> commflagger listens.  (Though if not using it for -comm- flagging but
> only -bad- flagging, maybe it's easy to at least pipe the stream to an
> external process so it only has to be read off the disk once, to keep
> from increasing the I/O load the analysis places on machines w/many
> streams going.)

Well, comflagger still has to extract the audio from the file you're
processing. Once it has it, it would seem simpler? better to analyse
it in the commflagger. Depending on how you do it then the result can
be useful for both com and bad flagging. I'm sure when they wrote
blank and scene change detection they weren't thinking of me, but
because of they way they did it, it was fairly easy for me to add my
checks.

> The patch you sent makes sense to me; thanks!  I assume you'll send
> out your how-to-actually-schedule-the-rerecord patch once it's nailed
> down how to do this correctly; I've been following the discussion.

Soon as I test it on a few more schedule types. I've added a menu item
to watch recordings so I can force a re-record of any program.

--
Tony Lill,                         Tony.Lill at AJLC.Waterloo.ON.CA
President, A. J. Lill Consultants        fax/data (519) 650 3571

Understatement of the century:
"Hello everybody out there using minix - I'm doing a (free) operating
 system (just a hobby, won't be big and professional like gnu) for
 386(486) AT clones"

	- Linus Torvalds, August 1991