[mythtv] ... channel change times....?

Erez D erez0001 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 22 12:29:30 UTC 2007

that is a great idea. especially now when there is myth-multirec ...
however, my original idea of api was that it will include all that is needed
to tune a channel ...

what i like very much on my STB and myth is lacking, is the easy
configureation.
on my STB, i can easily scan for channels, rename and renumber them, etc
in myth, i need to kill the backend, run the myth-setup, and even then it is
still very user-hostile to tune a channel
for example, you get multiple channels with the same number
and if you scan a transponder, you have to add all the channels on this
transponder,
you can not insert a new channel between another two (and by that increment
all the channel numbers above it so it will fit)
i usually need to manually edit the mysql db to do such things ...

and the most important issue: it takes less then a sec to change channels on
my STB ...

erez.