[mythtv] xmltv and mythfilldatabase

jack snodgrass mrlinuxgroups at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 14:08:50 UTC 2007

Since the xmltv stuff does not need to be installed for
mythfilldatabase to work... I'm
going to go out on a limb and say that mythfilldatabase does not use
the xmltv code
to pull data from zap2it....

I know that mythfilldatabase will use a xmltv file in passed with the
--file argument, but
I'm wondering if there is additional info the mythfilldatabase will
use besides the
xmltv file format.

For example... if I use tv_grab_na_dd to get listing for my area... I
don't see anything
in the listing that says if a show is HD or not.  If I let
mythfilldatabase pull the data
itself... I see some shows listed as HDTV.

Are there other fields that the mythfilldatabase can get from zap2it
that the tv_grab_na_dd
program chooses to ignore?

Thanks - jack