[mythtv] ticket 2935: Change MythMusic transport buttons to reflect current state

Peter Stokes mythtv at dadeos.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Jan 30 20:57:10 UTC 2007

Justin Hornsby wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Ticket 2935 has come to my attention & although I'm all for it in
> principle I have a big concern about how the change is implemented.
>
> It's fine for SVN themes with the supplied patch, but it will break
> other themes (including all of mine), meaning I either have to do
> seperate versions just for folks using SVN or supply scripts to edit
> the music-ui.xml file automatically.  I'm not a 'typical lazy user'
> but I'd prefer if this didn't happen.

This problem did occur to me when I developed the patch. I am actually using
your blootube theme on my main system (which is very good, thanks!).

Being reasonably new to MythTV development, I'm not very familiar with the way
the progress of theme related issues are handled. I certainly appreciate your
concerns but I am not sure about the best way to placate them. Do you have
any suggestions? How are such matter generally handled?

I felt that this behaviour was an improvement to MythMusic so I developed the
necessary code changes and submitted a ticket with a patch for review.
Hopefully the main developers will agree with my thinking and commit it. If
there are improvements or modifications that people can suggest then I am
more than happy to explore any reasonable avenues to minimise the negative
impact on anyone. I updated the themes available to me (those in SVN), I'd be
happy to make the necessary modifications to your themes and send the changes
to you (although I do appreciate that you concern is more of a revision
management one than the difficulty of make the necessary changes).

Peter Stokes