[mythtv] problems with a DVB-T channel scan in Canberra, Australia

Simon Kenyon simon at koala.ie
Mon Jan 15 06:28:21 UTC 2007

i here in Canberra on business and i brought with me my laptop and my Terratec
Cynergy Hybrid XS usb stick.
when i do a scan i get a set of channels, but there is an error

the ABC channels are all on one multiplex, but the scan returns a frequency of
205500000, whereas they really are on 205625000

i found the (what turns out to be correct) frequency on the net with google

the windows software that comes with the receiver has no such problem, so i'm
not sure what is going on.
by the way, dvbscan also gets it wrong

PRIME, SBS, SC10 and WIN all get the correct frequencies, just ABCis wrong.
also, i get no schedule from ABC, even with the modified frequency

i'm only here for a couple of weeks, but i thought i should le you know. it
did take he weekend to diagnose.

regards
--
simon