[mythtv] MythTV make error with SVN of 15Jan2007

Mercury Morris mercury.morris at gmail.com
Mon Jan 15 20:50:28 UTC 2007

I checked out mythtv, mythplugins, and myththemes from SVN this morning
(Revision 12540) and configured mythtv with

  ./configure --enable-proc-opt --enable-dvb --enable-lirc

Then I made several tries to compile mythtv, the first time NOT
issuing the command

  qmake mythtv.pro

I seem to remember that the qmake step was documented not too
long ago, but I didn't see it listed today when I re-read the section
on how to compile mythtv.  After three minutes, the compile ended
with the error below.

Just to be sure about the qmake step, I issued a "make clean" step,
then the qmake step, and finally the "make" again.  Same error.

FIRFilter.cpp:173:   instantiated from here
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-redhat-linux/4.1.1/../../../../include/c++/4.1.1/bits/basic_string.h:1534:
error: return type ‘struct std::allocator<char>’ is incomplete
make[2]: *** [FIRFilter.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/home/mythtv/mythtv-svn/mythtv/libs/libmythsoundtouch'
make[1]: *** [sub-libmythsoundtouch] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/mythtv/mythtv-svn/mythtv/libs'
make: *** [sub-libs] Error 2

After some more checking, comparing other MythTV systems running
earlier revisions, I stopped and
decided to ask for help with this note.

Thanks for any help that will solve this problem.

--
MM