[mythtv] Slave Backends and StorageGroups on current SVN

Scott Milliken scott.milliken at e-comsultant.net
Sat Jan 6 05:06:55 UTC 2007

Hi,
    I've been playing around with the latest SVN and have found some
interesting behavior and am not sure if it was intended this way or
not.  I noticed that when you either upgrade or start fresh with a new
database that a Default storagegroup is created - but only for the
master backend.  When you try to connect any slave backends to the
setup, they continually disconnect.  It was after starting up the slave
with -v all set to give me all the messages did I realize that there was
no entry in the storagegroup table.  Sure enough, once I ran
mythtv-setup on the slave backend and created a Default storagegroup
then the backend no longer dropped off every few seconds.  So, wouldn't
it make sense that if you get back an empty row set when querying for
storagegroups on remote backends that you would go ahead and create a
Default, just like on the master?  Or is it intended to make you
consciously create a storagegroup entry for every backend?  Either way
I'm just glad that I figured this out.

Thanks,
Scott Milliken