[mythtv] 1080p hardware decoder

ryan patterson ryan.goat at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 20:18:37 UTC 2007

Your request needs to be clarified.  You want a 1080p hardware decoder but
you don't say what it is decoding.  Yes I know it is decoding video.  But
how is the video encoded?  mpeg-2? divX? Xvid? some future format?  Also
there is basically zero chance of HDCP ever being supported by Linux.  The
whole point of HDCP is that the hardware and software are a proprietary
(closed) system.  Linux on the other hand is based on opensource software.
The two just can't mix.  It would be like dogs and cats living together.