[mythtv] Request: MythHelp

Stuart Morgan stuart at tase.co.uk
Wed Feb 7 09:50:09 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 7 February 2007 04:06, Steven Ellis wrote:
> I'm asking for these on behalf of my customers. Most of my customers have
> no idea what a mailing list is, never mind deal with tools like Trac. For
> example having DVB-S Radio isn't going to help me sell a lot more units,
> but I have a couple of customers who would really like this feature to
> work better. Am I supposed to say "Sorry but you will have to ask the
> MythTV mailing list for help"?

No. As a rule we don't accept feature requests at all - it's patches or
nothing. You are free to add such 'requests' to the wishlist in the Wiki,
just don't expect anyone to start work on the feature.

So the correct solution would be to either contract a developer to write a
patch for DVB-S Radio or tell your customers that you are unable to provide
that feature at this time.

As far as your request for someone to work with on those data streams. The
correct approach would have been to start work yourself, do as much as
possible and then come to the list with what you have learnt so far. Coming
to the list before you've got a specific question or written any code gives
the impression that you want someone else to do much of the work.
--
Stuart Morgan