[mythtv] Updated patch for directshow filters with MythTV (for CoreAVC)

Alan Nisota alannisota at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 04:42:26 UTC 2007

Some more issues that are probably making it hard for those who are
trying it...

in modify_reg.c:
   strncpy(key, tmpkey + 1, strlen(tmpkey)-1);
+  key[strlen(tmpkey)-1] = 0;
   while(*start == '\\')

and the ProductID should be at
'HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ProductID' (case IS
sensitive apparently, and I missed the 'SOFTWARE' part in my original post).

So you should do:
rm ~/.mythtv/registry
mythregistercodec -r ~/.mythtv/registry -k
"HKLM\\SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\ProductID" -v
"<windows key>"

mythregistercodec -r ~/.mythtv/registry -k
"HKCU\\Software\\CoreCodec\\CoreAVC Pro\\Serial" -v "<your serial #>"

note that in one case 'SOFTWARE' is all caps, in the other it isn't