[mythtv] Updated patch for directshow filters with MythTV (for CoreAVC)

Alan Nisota alannisota at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 03:55:59 UTC 2007

Sorry for screwing up the patch.  You should use 'HKLM\Software...' for
the windows ProductID and 'HKCU\Software...' fore your serial number.
I'll fix the registry editor for this in the next version.

To debug, uncomment 'CFLAGS += -DDEBUG' in Makefile and recompile (make
sure to recompile/reinstall libmythtv)

It should  be very verbose, but if you search for 'ProductID' you should
find the most likely culprit.  You are looking for something like:

Opening key Fullname HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
RegOpenKeyExA(key 0x80000002, subkey
SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion, reserved 0, access 0x20019,
pnewkey 0xbf9e9474) => 0
 New key: 0xff
Querying value ProductID
returning 24 bytes: 926037301
RegQueryValueExW(key 0xff, value ProductID, reserved 0x0, data
0xbf9e947c, count 0xbf9e9478) => 0x0
 read 24 bytes: 'YOUR KEY HERE'
WideCharToMultiByte(codepage 65001, flags 0x0, src 0xbf9e947c, src size
-1, dest 0xbf9e96c4, dest size 256, defch 0x0, used_defch 0x0)=> 24
 dest: 'YOUR KEY HERE'
RegCloseKey(0xff) => 1
Opening key Software\CoreCodec\CoreAVC Pro
Opening key Fullname HKCU\Software\CoreCodec\CoreAVC Pro
RegOpenKeyExA(key 0x80000001, subkey Software\CoreCodec\CoreAVC Pro,
reserved 0, access 0x20019, pnewkey 0xbf9e9474) => 0
 New key: 0x100
Querying value Serial
returning 35 bytes: 1094996304
RegQueryValueExW(key 0x100, value Serial, reserved 0x0, data 0xbf9e947c,
count 0xbf9e9478) => 0x0
 read 35 bytes: 'YOUR SERIAL NUMBER HERE'
WideCharToMultiByte(codepage 65001, flags 0x0, src 0xbf9e947c, src size
-1, dest 0xbf9e9694, dest size 48, defch 0x0, used_defch 0x0)=> 35
 dest: 'YOUR SERIAL NUMBER HERE'
RegCloseKey(0x100) => 1
DisableThreadLibraryCalls(0x10000000) => 0
GetVersionExW(0x10000000) => 1

If it gets through all of that properly, then just capture the whole
thing to a log and send it to me and I'll take a look.  If you don't see
the above, check that the registry was loaded by finding the following
(path may be different of course)):
get_path('registry') -> '/home/mythtv/.mythtv/registry'
And send me your registry along with your logs and I'll take a look.