[mythtv] Updated patch for directshow filters with MythTV (for CoreAVC)

Andrew Lyon andrew.lyon at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 00:19:26 UTC 2007

On 2/6/07, Alan Nisota <alannisota at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've been getting a lot of requests to update my directshow patches to
> support CoreAVC 1.2, so I have finally done so.
> I have filed ticket #3053:
> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/3053
> with all the relevant info.
> Note that many things have changed, so be sure to read the directions in
> the ticket carefully.
> Installing 1.2 does not seem to be possible via Wine at this time, so
> you will likely need a real Windows installation w/ internet connection
> to get the codec installed.  The code should still work with all prior
> releases of the codec.
>
> I realize that this is adding support for a non-free codec, but for
> some, it is the only way to watch HD DVB programming

Alan,

Nice one!, really appreciate your work on this!, Ive compiled and
installed myth, but I cannot get mythregistercodec to work, even you
example posted on trac does not work, there are mismatched quotes in
the example (key is opened with ' and closed with "), but even after
fixing that it refuses to write them to the registry:

mythregistercodec -r $HOME/.mythtv/registry -k
"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\ProductID" -v
"55555-333-7777777-55555"
Couldn't process key
"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ProductID"
Must specify '-r' and either '-k' or '-l'

Ive tried "" and ' and I have been using my real productid , although
I had to take it from the control panel system applet as I am running
vista and there doesnt appear to be a registry key.

Andy