[mythtv] Updated patch for directshow filters with MythTV (for CoreAVC)

Alan Nisota alannisota at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 19:07:05 UTC 2007

I've been getting a lot of requests to update my directshow patches to
support CoreAVC 1.2, so I have finally done so.
I have filed ticket #3053:
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/3053
with all the relevant info.
Note that many things have changed, so be sure to read the directions in
the ticket carefully.
Installing 1.2 does not seem to be possible via Wine at this time, so
you will likely need a real Windows installation w/ internet connection
to get the codec installed.  The code should still work with all prior
releases of the codec.

I realize that this is adding support for a non-free codec, but for
some, it is the only way to watch HD DVB programming