[mythtv] Building without X dependancies...

Nigel Pearson nigel at ind.tansu.com.au
Tue Feb 6 21:49:24 UTC 2007

> Thanks for the suggestion Nigel, but having changed all those
> references it does the same. Running mythfrontend:
>
> mythfrontend: cannot connect to X server

OK. My next guess is that Qt is doing that.
mythfrontend -v all should give you an idea
of how early it is happening in the app.

You may need to build a Qt for framebuffer
devices and not X11. I did this once in 2003.

> Perhaps I don't understand the capabilities though. Should mythtv be
> able to display ALL its menus as well as live tv and recordings direct
> on a PVR-350 framebuffer device without X installed or being
> redirected
> to another X server?

Theoretically? Yes. Have I ever succeeded? No

--
Nigel Pearson, nigel at ind.tansu.com.au| "Peacemaking is our profession"
Telstra Net. Eng., Sydney, Australia |Motto of Burpelson Airforce Base