[mythtv] A few patches...(#4184 Auto restart mythbackend mythtv-setup)

Stuart Morgan stuart at tase.co.uk
Fri Dec 28 13:32:37 UTC 2007

On Friday 28 December 2007 12:55:59 Matthew Wire wrote:
> > And how do you make sure mythfilldatabase is run with the correct options
> > '--remove-new-channels', etc.
>
> I don't :)  But I'll take a look at how I could achieve this.
> It does, however, use the setting defined in "MythFillDatabasePath" to run
> mythfilldatabase so parameters could be specified here?  I have to admit
> I'm not too clear on what settings people would want to run
> mythfilldatabase with in this situation - I use it to clear out old epg
> data periodically.

In trunk old EPG data is deleted automatically after seven days by the
housekeeper. Does this not achieve what you want?

> >Also, shouldn't this only be run if new sources or channels have been
> > added?
>
> At the moment it just asks you if you want to run it or not, leaving it up
> to the user - it's just easier than having to reach for a keyboard or ssh.
> (Before, it would just show you a prompt to say "you should run
> mythfilldatabase", now it adds a button to run it for you).

If it's going to be run at all by mythtv-setup then it should probably be done
automatically after changes to channels or sources, requiring no user
interaction.

P.S. I hope to look at the improved patch on #3334 tomorrow. If all the issues
I noted earlier are fixed or there are just cosmetic problems then I'm happy
to commit it and work out any issues once it's in trunk. Thanks for working
on this, it was one of the projects I had planned but I didn't have the time
to look at it.
--
Stuart Morgan