[mythtv] Why doesn't MythVideo's Video Manager run mythcommflag?

Stuart Morgan stuart at tase.co.uk
Thu Dec 27 11:10:41 UTC 2007

On Thursday 27 December 2007 04:55:57 faginbagin wrote:
> It seems to me that I would have never had either problem, if only Video
> Manager ran mythcommflag after it created database entries for my
> imported .vob files. Hence my question:
>
> Why doesn't MythVideo's Video Manager run mythcommflag?

The answer is that no-one has written the code yet.

As far as I know, mythcommflag --rebuild has be superceeded by
mythtranscode --buildindex. There may be formats that one can handle but the
other can't and vice-versa. We would need to settle on a single application
and method if either mythvideo or mythfrontend were going to build seek
tables automatically or manually through the UI.
--
Stuart Morgan