[mythtv] Accessing http://localhost:6544 crashes my backend (0.20.2)

Eloy Paris peloy at chapus.net
Fri Aug 31 13:53:28 UTC 2007

Hi Mike,

On Wed, Aug 29, 2007 at 04:26:29PM -0400, Michael T. Dean wrote:

> Myth uses libsensors to read the sensors "directly", so just having it
> installed means you're using it. You don't have to be "running" any
> sensors stuff.
>
> I may do a patch today/tomorrow to remove the sensors (and ACPI)
> temperature code from Myth and instead use a more appropriate (and
> flexible) approach for accessing it. (Of course, that will only affect
> trunk users/0.21, so I'm glad you got it working. Others having issues
> can just uninstall libsensors/lm-sensors.)

Just wanted to provide a final update on my lm-sensors-related crash:
it turns out that the difference between the official 0.20.2 Debian
packages from Christian Marillat and the packages I built using his
sources, and that fix the crash for me, is that my build machine didn't
have the libsensors-dev package, so the Myth configure script didn't
pick the dependency and therefore my mythbackend binary is not linked
with libsensors.

This leads me to believe that there is something in the mythbackend code
that interacts that libsensors that is not right and is causing the
crash (perhaps on machines that don't have sensors?)

I know you mentioned you were going to remove sensors code from the
backend. However, if you need someone to try a patch just let me know (I
don't use sensors so I don't care one way or the other, just trying to
help.)

Oh, one last question: do you know when the sensor code landed in the
-fixes branch? I know that for some time -fixes didn't have any problems
for me so I wonder when it all started.

Cheers,

Eloy.-