[mythtv] MythArchive should use ffmpeg -flags +ilme+ildct

Will Dormann wdormann at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 28 14:28:35 UTC 2007

When Mytharchive re-encodes video for burning to DVD, it strips the
"interlaced" MPEG2 flag in the process of encoding.   This produces a
DVD with a mismatched header.  (flag says it's progressive, but actual
content is indeed interlaced).   With my DVD player, playback of such a
DVD is very jumpy.

The fix I made was to add the following line to the profiles in
ffmpeg_dvd_ntsc.xml:
<parameter name="-flags"       value="+ilme+ildct"/>

I'm sure the same params would apply to the PAL template too.

See the following for more details about the flags:
http://ffmpeg.mplayerhq.hu/faq.html#SEC22

-WD