[mythtv] Testing multirec

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Mon Aug 27 01:32:26 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-08-26 at 18:00 -0700, Billy Macdonald wrote:
> I decided to try to test out the multirec branch and successfully
> installed it but am having a difficult time figuring it out.  Maybe
> I'm just being dense this morning.
>
> It's my understanding that on top of recording multiple multiplexes on
> the same transport, it will also allow the overlap recordings on back
> to back channels to use the same tuner.  It is the second feature of
> the overlap that I'm interested in.

It does this, but only for DVB cards.

> I have two HD HomeRun devices and three PVR250's.  For testing I
<snip>

Multirec does not allow multiple recordings for HDHomeRun or PVR250
cards. At some point in the distant future support may be added for
these cards, but right now it provides no features for the HDHomeRun
and the only benefit a PVR-250 or a firewire card receives from it
is input groups. Input groups allow you to share a single STB with
different capture modes, so you could capture channel set of channels
from the STB using a PVR-250 card and a different set of channels
using the firewire card.

-- Daniel