[mythtv] Testing multirec

Billy Macdonald billymacdonald at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 01:00:10 UTC 2007

I decided to try to test out the multirec branch and successfully
installed it but am having a difficult time figuring it out.  Maybe
I'm just being dense this morning.

It's my understanding that on top of recording multiple multiplexes on
the same transport, it will also allow the overlap recordings on back
to back channels to use the same tuner.  It is the second feature of
the overlap that I'm interested in.

I have two HD HomeRun devices and three PVR250's.  For testing I
configured two capture cards for the same HDHR tuner, and configured
an input group which I added them both to.  I was than able to make
some overlapping recordings and they both recorded from the same real
tuner, which is awesome.

However, when the first recording stopped, the light went off the
HDHomeRun and stopped recording the stream.

When I tried the same for the PVR it failed when trying to start the
second recording.

Since I wasn't sure if I was trying to do something that should work I
reverted back to trunk and got that back going before any recordings
were set to start tonight.

1.  Should what I was trying to do work? (overlap recordings, same
channel)  If so I'll set it up again and post the logs.
2.  Will the multirec branch support multiple multiplexes on the same
QAM channel for HDHR?

Thanks,
Billy