[mythtv] Ubuntu debs

Michael Haas laga+mythtv at laga.ath.cx
Fri Aug 10 11:59:05 UTC 2007

Hello list, hello Ilya,

Thanks for your work!

> I wrote a README, finished merge with mythbuntu-trunk changes (courtesy
> of Michael Haas) [..]

You can find the trunk package scripts for Mythbuntu here:
https://code.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-mythtv/+authoredbranches

>  Thats where community could pick it
> up, since I will not have time to maintain it.
We plan to release weekly builds of trunk on mythbuntu.org very soon (in
case the server ever comes back to life). Thus we plan on keeping the
trunk scripts up to date. If you ever find that they're broken, please
file a bug report at <https://bugs.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-mythtv/>.
> Quick synopsys for those who did not follow this discussion:
> iva2k-mythtv-debscripts.tar.bz2 contains ubuntu-based scripts for
> building .deb packages and automatic script for building whole suite of
> mythtv from svn/trunk.

I have not looked at your tarball yet, but we also keep a script for our
weekly builds in bzr:
<https://code.launchpad.net/~mythbuntu/mythbuntu/mythbuntu-weekly-build>

I haven't tested it with the trunk packages yet. If you try it, please
drop me a line.

I will also use this email to answer a posting by "xanium4332 at
googlemail" since I have just subscribed and can't reply to his original
email properly.

> So at the moment I guess your scripts can build either trunk or -vid.
> I hope
> it ends up in SVN, that way it will be kept up-to-date. Even if it's only
> used by developers, it's nice to have clean installs/uninstalls.
>
> Thanks a lot, James

Check the link I posted above, the mythbuntu scripts are being
maintained by the Mythbuntu team at the moment. The packaging scripts
*should* be compatible with mythtv-vid, but I haven't tried that yet.
The get-orig-source stanza in debian/rules would need some work, but you
can roll packages without having that working correctly.

Regards,

Michael