[mythtv] mythtv-vid branch needs testing

Doug Larrick doug at parkercat.org
Sun Aug 5 13:12:45 UTC 2007

Doug Larrick wrote:
> 2. My main Myth system (nVidia FX 5200) lacks the GPU horsepower to do
> OpenGL output of even standard-def material with any deinterlacing
> turned on -- though it's close.  Switching into Timestretch (to slow
> things down) hard-hung the system requiring power cycle.  This may also
> have been trying to fall back to kernel deint, though the hang killed my
> database and I had to restore it, so I can't check.  I will test with an
> nVidia 6200 card as well once it's not 90 degrees in Boston and I can
> bear to do work on that system.

The 6200 has the horsepower to do standard decode & OpenGL video out for
standard-def material.  Looks good.

I am seeing a semi-reproducible system hang (no response to keypresses
or ssh) when switching between timestretch value of 1 and 1.05 -- which
presumably is switching OpenGL deinterlace methods.  I was using Bob
(2x,HW) as primary and Onefield (HW) as fallback.

-Doug