[mythtv] mythtv-vid branch needs testing

John P Poet jppoet at gmail.com
Sat Aug 4 04:03:09 UTC 2007

On 8/1/07, Daniel Kristjansson <danielk at cuymedia.net> wrote:

> Aside from a memory leak it looks like most of the OSX issues have
> been addressed. A few of us have been using this branch for a while,
> but it would be good to get some people to test this before we merge
> it into the trunk.

I have been using this for the last few of days.  In general it looks
very good.  In that time I have had mythfrontend crash twice when
starting to play a show, but I cannot force it to happen, and it may
not be related.

Using OpenGL when playing a standard-def show, right at the beginning
it plays fine for a couple of seconds, then has a quick pause, then
continues just fine.  It does not really bother me, since it only
happens right at the beginning.

I can even use OpenGL for 720p shows, as long as I turn of OSD fade.
However, using "time stretch" results in pretty jerky playback.

OpenGL with 1080i is jerky.

My frontend has a E6600 and a 7300GT.

John
--