[mythtv] mythtv-vid branch needs testing

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Thu Aug 2 21:29:24 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-08-01 at 12:52 -0700, Asher wrote:
> The main thing I have is the lack of overscan with the opengl
> renderer.  Some of the videos have the vbi info at the top and it is
> pretty distracting to have it there.

Mark Kendal is working on a patch for this.

> I also noticed a lot of prebuffer pauses when playing back HD content.
>  I set it to just use regular XvMC with (I believe) the same settings
> that I use for trunk without problem.

Which settings are those? chromakey or ia44 OSD? Which deinterlacer?
What XvMC hardware are you using? VIA, nVidia, other?

If you use the OpenGL OSD with XvMC then you will of course have
much worse performance, but you would know if you were using this
OSD renderer because the OSD would look much better.

> I don't have my logs accessible right now but there were messages in
> them stating something along the lines of "deinterlacer 'xxxxx' not
> active'  It didn't matter which deinterlacer I chose, even none it
> would say that.

I would need to see the logs. Bob deint will only work if the refresh
rate is high enough, and the 'none' deinterlacer will never load. I'll
make sure we don't print anything confusing to the log in this case.

> All that said, the video quality does look better for SD shows, and I
> love the full sized OSD displays
:)

-- Daniel